An advanced digital computer gauge that measures gemstone dimensions and can estimate gemstone weight and identity for 9 different cuts.
Presidium Gem Computer Gauge measures the dimensions and estimates the weight of loose and mounted gemstones with precision, speed, and ease.
It is the only gauge in the industry that is able to give direct estimation of the weight of various gemstone of a range of 9 popular cuts, giving users the convenience of not having to dismount their gemstones from its jewelry settings.
After entering the weight and the measurements of a gemstone, the Gem Computer Gauge is alternatively also able to be used to estimate the identity of the gemstone, by computing its S.G. value and referencing the internal stored database.
With PGCG’s computer interfacing, gemstone measurement records can be easily imported and printed. PGCG also comes with a CD-Rom that lists the S.G. value, R.I. value, and hardness measurements of 133 common gemstones in the market for handy reference.
- Measures from 0.0 to 25.0mm
- Accuracy: 0.01mm / Tolerance: 0.02mm
- Digital mm/ct display
- Automatically shut off when idle for 10 minutes
- Auto-magnetic shut-off when placed in carrying case
- Computer interface display with CD and USB (Universal Serial Bus) connectivity
- Attachment for high setting jewellery provided
- Specific Gravity (S.G.) dictionary for quick and easy reference included
- CD-ROM containing information on 133 gemstones (e.g., S.G. value, R.I. value and hardness) included
- Can be used to give direct carat conversion on different types of gemstones of a range of 9 different popular cuts
- Direct carat conversion for round brilliant-cut diamonds
- No need for dismounting of the gemstone to weigh its carat weight
- Measures actual gemstone dimensions and estimates gemstone weight and identity
- Able to estimate identity of 74 different gemstones
- Accurate measurement to 2 decimal places/0.01mm
- Clear and visible display for ease of reading measurements
- Light and portable instrument that can be used anywhere
- PC connectivity for ease of importing and printing measurement results
Power & Battery
1 x 3V battery (provided with product)
This product comes with a protective carrying case box that has an auto-magnetic power off when gauge is placed back in the carrying case, to help preserve battery.
Dimensions & Weight
Length: 97mm (3.82 inches)
Width: 61mm (2.40 inches)
Height:16mm (0.63 inches)
Weight (without batteries): 120grams (4.23oz)