1. Warranty Period. Presidium Instruments Pte. Ltd., (hereafter “Presidium”) warrants to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER only (see Clause 3a below) that each Presidium product is free from defects in workmanship and/or materials under normal usage and service, for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
If any part of the Presidium product is found to be defective and a valid claim is received by Presidium during the period of warranty, it will be repaired or replaced by Presidium at no charge for parts or labor, subject to the following limitations and exceptions listed in paragraphs Clause one (1) to five (5) herein.
If Presidium is of the view that it is not feasible to repair or replace any defective part/s, Presidium may at its sole option decide to exchange the product with a product which is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product;
2. Replacement Part. Any part or product replaced by Presidium during the period of warranty will not be warranted separately. Instead, the replacement will assume the remaining warranty period of the original product.
3. EXCEPTIONS. This warranty does not apply to:
- Purchase from Unauthorized Agents or Distributors:The Presidium product must be purchased from a Presidium authorized agent or distributor authorized to sell Presidium products. The party requesting warranty services must be the original purchaser of the Presidium product and must furnish proof of purchase at the time of such request.
- Failure to Register:In order to validate the Warranty, the purchaser must properly complete the enclosed warranty certificate form in compliance with other terms and conditions as stated in the warranty certificate and return it to Presidium within 30 days from the date of purchase. The purchaser should retain a copy of the completed warranty registration form and proof of date of purchase.
- Damages caused by Abuse, Misuse, Unauthorized Repairs, etc:If on inspection, it shows that the alleged defect is due to any cause other than defects in material or workmanship (see Sub-clause d below), replacement parts and labor will not be covered under the Warranty. Instead, repair charges will be for the account of the purchaser. This Warranty will be void, if such damages are found.
- Exclusions: This Warranty does not cover:
- (i) damages resulting from fair wear and tear (including probe tip, switches, cap) abuse, misuse, accidents, or operating the Presidium product outside its permitted or intended use as stated by Presidium including in the User Manual for the Product;
- (ii) damages resulting from acts of nature or any other external causes; or
- (iii) damages resulting from service or adjustments (including batteries, calibration of Presidium products) by any untrained or unauthorized person, including damage resulting from unauthorised attempts to open, repair and/or modify the product;
- Please note that only defects of materials and/or workmanship are covered by the Warranty.
- Improper Shipment: The Presidium product must be delivered to an agent/distributor appointed by Presidium or delivered
direct to Presidium. shipped in either its original package or similar packaging affording an equal degree of protection. The
freight/postage for such delivery must be paid, unless a Coupon is obtained from Presidium where the Presidium product is
covered under the duely validated Limited International Warranty within warranty period. The serial number of the Presidium
product must remain intact for identification purposes. Delivery shall be made to the address as stated in the contact section for service and repair in Presidium website:
Presidium Instruments Pte Ltd
No. 6 Penjuru Lane
All freight / postage for all delivery must be prepaid by the original purchaser.
4. DISCLAIMER, EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- Presidium does not warrant that the operation of Presidium product will be error free.
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, no other warranties, whether expressed or implied, shall apply to this Presidium product and Presidium specifically disclaims any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, freedom from infringement claims, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose. All other terms and conditions, whether express or implied by statute or otherwise including the United Nations Convention On Contracts For the International Sale of Goods (Vienna, 1980), are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, (including in respect of death or personal injury caused by Presidium’s negligence, if applicable), Presidium shall not be liable to anyone for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other damage, whether based in Contract, Tort, or otherwise (whether caused by the negligence of Presidium, its servants or agents or otherwise). In no event will Presidium be liable for consequential, incidental or special damages of any kind.
- IN ANY EVENT, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION, the entire liability of Presidium under or in connection with the Presidium product shall not exceed the amount equivalent to the original purchase price for the product. To the extent allowed by law, the remedies set forth herein shall be the sole and exclusive remedies of the purchaser.
- No failure to exercise or delay in exercising any right, power, or privilege under this Warranty on the part of Presidium shall operate as a waiver of any right, power, or privilege hereunder. No single or partial exercise of any right, power, or privilege by Presidium under this Warranty shall preclude further exercise thereof.
- If any part of this Warranty’s terms and conditions is found or deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the same will be revised and/or enforced to the maximum extent permissible under the law so as to effect the intent of the Warranty. In the event that it is not possible to do so, that part shall be severable from the remainder of this Warranty and shall not cause the invalidity or unenforceability of the remainder of this Warranty, the remainder of this Warranty shall continue in full force and effect, unless such invalidity or unenforceability does substantially alter/ invalidate this Warranty or if such part or provision comprises an integral part or otherwise inseparable from the remainder of this Warranty.
- This Warranty shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. A person or party who is not a party to this Warranty shall have no right or claim under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B to enforce any of these terms or conditions.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Warranty, including any question regarding its existence, validity, enforcement or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) for the time being in force which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
The Tribunal shall consist of a one single arbitrator to be appointed by the Chairman of the SIAC.
The language of the arbitration shall be in English.
An award rendered by the said Arbitrator may be entered and enforced in any Court of competent jurisdiction.