Synthetic Diamond Testers
Synthetic Diamond Screener II (SDS II)
About ASSURE Program
The ASSURE Program, a joint collaboration between the Diamond Producers Association (DPA) and Signet Jewelers, has developed a universal standard to test the performance of Diamond Verification Instruments in a consistent way, with the aim of protecting the integrity of the global jewelry supply chain. The instruments are rigorously tested in a transparent manner against a unique common sample and standard.
The ASSURE Program partnered with 11 manufacturers representing the 18 most widely available Diamond Verification Instruments in the market. These instruments were submitted for testing to third-party laboratory UL and a Technical Committee comprising leading scientists and academics from major gemological organisations.
Adequate detection and screen processes using Diamond Verification Instruments are one of the key tools in safeguarding operations from undisclosed laboratory-grown diamonds . Through the ASSURE directory, trade participants can access objectives and learn about how to ensure pipeline integrity using Diamond Verification Instruments.
Each instrument is tested on the ASSURE Core Sample, a highly contaminated sample made up of 1,000 mined diamonds and 200 laboratory-grown diamonds including very challenging laboratory-grown diamonds, some of which are not yet available in the market.
Presidium’s Synthetic Diamond Screener (SDS II) was awarded the coveted ASSURE Tested Certification Mark following thorough testing in the ASSURE program. The SDS II is the only ASSURE Diamond Verification Instrument that retails for less than US$1,000.
The SDS II uses advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability. It is a portable desktop diamond verification instrument suitable for both loose and mounted stones, including melees as small as 0.02ct. Easy to use and battery-operated, its indicator light bars give a blue light to indicate that the stone is a Type la diamond and a red light to indicate a Type IIa diamond. The device gives clear and accurate results within two seconds.
• Advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability
• 2 colour coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give a low or high reading of UV light absorption with blue light indicating Type Ia Diamond and red light indicating Type IIa Diamond
• Instantaneous clear results within 2 seconds
• Blue light to illuminate the testing pad
• A 5mm metal bar to conveniently raise the test probe for successive testing on loose stones
• Test button will blink in red to alert if the device is unable to detect any stones on the photo-detector
• Auto shutdown of interior LED light source for safe testing when lid of device is open or when Start Test button is not activated
• Battery-operated by 4 AAA alkaline batteries
• USB port for alternative power source and connectivity
• Exterior base foam padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces
• Low battery indicator
• Energy-saving auto power-off of device after 10 minutes without operation
• Lightweight and portable
*As recommended by Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the term “Laboratory-grown diamonds” refers to synthetic diamonds
• Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds which are likely to be laboratory-grown diamonds
• Tests on diamonds within a range in dimension from 1.5 mm in width and up to 5 mm in height (approx. 0.02 to 10ct size)
• Tests on polished diamonds of popular cuts such as brilliant round cut, emerald cut, baguette cut, etc
• Can be used on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back setting)
• For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color