ARI is developed as a handheld PRESIDIUM DIAMOND VERIFICATION INSTRUMENT® to help identify colourless diamond against CVD/HPHT lab grown colourless diamond and all types of moissanite.
It is suitable for testing on both loose and mounted stones, including jewelry pieces with a closed back setting.
Through advanced proprietary technology, ARI measures the UV light absorbance ability of diamond and moissanite. With its touch screen colour LCD display, ARI provides a clear and accurate result of “Diamond”, “CVD/HPHT/Type IIa” and “Moissanite” within 3 seconds.
*PRESIDIUM DIAMOND VERIFICATION INSTRUMENT is a registered trademark of Presidium Instruments Pte Ltd.
- User-safe UV Retractable Optical Probe activates only when tip is in contact with the diamond
- Alert Buzzer for loss of contact between optical probe tip and diamond during testing
- A 6-Language selection in the Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Battery operated with stylish ergonomic design for portability and ease of use
- Tests on colourless diamonds and moissanites from D to J colour
- Catered for both left-handed and right-handed users alike
- Identifies colourless diamonds against Lab Grown CVD/HPHT diamonds and all types of moissanites, including the new “low conductivity” moissanites
- Tests on loose or mounted diamonds in all jewelry settings, including closed-back setting
- Replaceable Optical Probe tip technology for users to replace any worn or damaged probe tips yourself, minimizing any equipment downtime
- Instantaneous results in 3 seconds for consecutive testing
- Tests on polished diamonds and moissanites of all proportional cuts as small as 0.02ct
Power & Battery
- 3 x AAA alkaline batteries (up to 4 hours of continuous usage) or AC adaptor
- Standby time: 10 minutes from the last measurement
Recommended Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 18°C – 27°C (65°F – 80°F)
- Storage Temperature: 10°C – 51°C (50°F – 124°F)
- Air Relative Humidity: 35 – 65%
Dimensions & Weight
Length: 190mm (7.5 inches)
Width: 46mm (1.8 inches)
Height: 25mm (0.9 inches)
Weight (without batteries): 60g (0.13lb)